Saturday, January 1, 2011

Counting Blessings

It's Jan. 01, and I am all alone in a house I share with friends. It's dark in here. I tried to sleep. Couldn't. I feel depression slowly seeping into my bones. At this moment in I feel extremely unlucky, lost, unloved.

To wade the sneering depression away, I come up with a plan. To count blessings.

I have a father who thinks I look cute in a kind-of-skimpy two-inch-above-the-knee dress after I get back from a party at 01.30 AM, a mom who thinks that I ve been the luckiest thing that's ever happened to her, a sister who pounces on anybody who calls me fat, a few loans but a job that pays them off, a rack full of shoes, a wardrobe overfilled. A laptop to type, a slow but decent internet connection, a mac eyeliner -- wait a minute. I already feel better.

It's Jan. 01, and I am all alone in a house I share with friends. I ve counted nearly 10 blessings in 2 minutes. At this moment in time, I feel extremely lucky, found, loved.

Happy new year all!

No comments:

Post a Comment